Reinsurance Group of America Publishes Inaugural ESG Report to Share Key ESG Accomplishments and Goals
“As a life and health reinsurance company, RGA is in a long-term business with a long-term view, and sustainability is fundamental to our success,” said
The effective management of ESG-related risks and opportunities creates value for RGA’s clients, employees, stakeholders, and the communities in which RGA operates. Incorporated in the report are key sustainability goals, as well as the company’s plans to track and measure progress towards those goals. Key highlights include:
- Purpose-Driven Innovation: In partnership with clients around the world, RGA focused efforts on its purpose – to make financial protection accessible to all – by developing new products and solutions that improve affordability and customer value.
- Responsible Business Practices: RGA continued its long commitment to sound corporate governance and embedded ESG factors into the company’s compensation structure and Enterprise Risk Management program.
- Sustainable Operations: In 2021, RGA pledged to make Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions net zero by the end of 2026.
- Sustainable Investments: RGA established carbon intensity reduction targets for its public corporate bond portfolio and committed to increasing its investments in green and social bonds.
- Fostering a Culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: RGA continued its commitment to pay equity and set aspirations for diverse representation in hiring, recruitment, and promotion.
Community Investment: RGA has expanded its support for education, financial security, health, and longevity through the RGA Foundationand The Longer Life Foundationand also encourages and supports employee philanthropy and volunteerism through matching gift and volunteer time off programs.
“RGA recognizes that doing the right thing today ensures a better tomorrow for everyone,” said
To learn more about ESG at RGA and download the full ESG Report, visit www.rgare.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220824005164/en/
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Director, Public Relations
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations